Welcome!

Welcome to the Womens Life Body Blog. Here you will find advice, information and tips to help you achieve your best health in all stages of a women's life. Please feel free to comment and join in the conversation. We're glad you're here!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mind and Body - It's All Connected

The mind/body connection is a powerful one. As women we tend to use both sides of our brains more than men. This means we use our feelings, intuition and emotions along with our intellect to navigate the world. This also means that if we are depressed or upset our health can suffer. On the flip side if we are happy and content we tend to feel and look better. Have you ever had a day when you just felt crappy and your mood matched? This is an example of the mind/body connection. PMS is a powerful example of it. Any woman who has suffered through the ups and downs of PMS knows exactly what I'm talking about.

One of my plans for this blog is to explore the ways that we as women can be in our best health no matter what our age. It doesn't take money to be healthy, rather it takes a commitment to be the healthiest you can be no matter what your circumstances. Yes some of us have health issues we deal with everyday, but we can still keep a positive outlook and do things to feel our best. Not all of us are young, many of us are in the throws of menopause - yes that includes me - but we can all learn from each other how to feel our best.

I'm not a medical professional and have had no medical training except what I had to learn to get my cosmetology license, but as a professional freelance writer I have done extensive research on the area of womens health. My promise to you is that I will present to you the most current and well researched facts I can find. Many of my resources include the Mayo Clinic, the US Government websites and associations like the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. If you have information, tips and stories you'd like to share please contact me. My co-founder Veronica and I look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

  1. You've hit the nail right on the head. I love this article. We as women are so alone sometimes in the things that we feel emotionally whether it be bad health, PMS or just being a woman existing in this world.

    Thank you for sharing what we as women feel. This so true. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I really think that women are more in tune with their bodies and their feelings and this affects our health in a way that it just doesn't in men. Understanding the mind/body connection is so important for us to understand what is going on and how our attitude can affect how we feel.

    ReplyDelete