Welcome!

Welcome to the Womens Life Body Blog. Here you will find advice, information and tips to help you achieve your best health in all stages of a women's life. Please feel free to comment and join in the conversation. We're glad you're here!

Monday, January 10, 2011

It's PMS Time Again

I started getting really emotional -a few days ago- and a glance at the calendar confirmed- "It's PMS Time Again". The time when anything can hit me with either tears, unreasonable anger, or my favorite- a mixture of both.  These are the times when I've dreaded going out over the years, for I don't always know how things will affect me when I go out.  Will I be Ms. calm, cool and collected, or will I be the fearful"Sybil" who is looking for a victim to either cry or yell at hysterically-depending on which part of me comes out?

My mom never understood this part of me.  She, oddly, as a woman, never saw this coming.  Of course, she never had the misfortune of being "blessed", which I know a man would never say", with PMS. Our struggles were the mother, daughter kind-gaining the upper hand, I guess you could say-so she completely missed my PMS times.  Of course, I never missed them and saw their approach coming from a mile away.

One might think well things must be getting better for you because your in your forties now and surely things are letting up by now.  Of course this was my thought too until I started getting older.  Now my periods last longer, the flow is heavier, I bloat more, and my mood, well that is an entity best left alone- even by me.  So evidently, peace for me, will come when my period ends, a few years down the road.

Heaven help me if the gynecologist wants to extend my period for a few more years due to wanting to prevent cancer. etc., because after 31 years of monthlies, a few more years seems quiet alarming.  But there are some positive things that come with having a period, you stay youthful longer, and your mate looks even better during those times.

So do I want my period to last a few more years?  Deep down, I'd say a big No! But it's a known fact that our period is an important part of our lives.  The necessary evil.  My moms own doctor -years ago- tried to extend her period, for a few more years, so I know what will be coming to me-with the doctors recommendation- some day too.  So to my monthly I say, bring it on monthly, I still need ya!



This posting brought to ya by Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment